Information for Sponsors
Please look at our Sponsorship Document.
Estimated Audience: 250+
PyCon AU 2011 will attract Developers, Technologists, Technical Authors and Bloggers, Academics, Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Entrepreneurs from around the country.
Sponsorship Opportunities - Standard Levels
Gold Sponsor - $6500 - maximum 4 sponsors
Gold sponsorship is our top level of sponsorship and is limited to 3 major sponsors. Our Gold sponsors will have the opportunity to present to the conference on the first or second day or, alternatively, at the conference dinner. This is the perfect opportunity for your organisation to interact with the pinnacle of the Python community in Australia and some of the brightest minds working in ICT in Australia today (this privilege is reserved for our Gold sponsors only).
As part of this exclusive relationship your business will:
- Be identified as a 'Gold Sponsorship' sponsor of the conference and be referred to as such in press releases and during other media opportunities.
- Be displayed prominently across all areas of the PyCon Au website.
- Be identified as a 'Gold Sponsorship' sponsor in pre-conference event updates.
- During Conference
- Receive 5 event passes.
- Be provided the opportunity to briefly address the audience on the first or second day of the conference, or at the dinner session.
- Have a space provided in a high traffic area at the conference for a company presence.
- Be allowed display of a sponsor banner in a prime exposure general conference area (approx 2.5m x 1.5m free standing banner supplied by you).
- Be identified as a 'Gold Sponsorship' sponsor with your Logo and company name on packages given away at the conference
- Be identified as a 'Gold Sponsorship' sponsor in all postconference communications with attendees for a period of three months past the 2011 conference
Silver Sponsor - $1500 - maximum 10 sponsors
Silver sponsorship is an excellent way for your organisation to be involved with PyCon Au and interact with the ICT community for only a nominal cost. As part of this fantastic opportunity your business will:
- Be identified as a 'Silver Sponsorship' sponsor of the conference.
- Be displayed prominently on the PyCon Au website
- Be identified as a 'Silver Sponsorship' sponsor In pre-conference event updates.
- During Conference
- Receive 2 event passes.
- Have a space provided in a high traffic area at the conference for a company presence. (Such as a approx 1m x 1m free standing banner supplied by you or a small stand able to fit a single person.)
- Be identified as a 'Silver Sponsorship' sponsor with your Logo and company name on packages given away at the conference Post-Conference Be identified as a 'Silver Sponsorship' sponsor in all postconference communications with attendees for a period of three months past the 2011 conference
Sponsorship Opportunities - Special Packages
These unique opportunities are all limited to single sponsors and allow you to stand out from the crowd.
Sprint Sponsor - $4500 - maximum 1 sponsor
As part of the PyCon AU this year we are planning to run "sprints" after the event. These events are where groups of the best Python programmers stay on after the conference to hack on code together. The face-to-face nature means that things which often take months normally can be hashed out and fixed in a matter of hours.
This package is between also gives you all advantages of Silver sponsorship during the event, plus being identified as the sole sponsor for the sprints. This is a prestigious position as sprints are often thought to be one of the highlights of the conference! Your sponsorship of sprints will provide both rooms and catering during the event.
- As well; you will get the following advantages;
- You will be given the sole opportunity to address the sprint attendees;
- Your logo and information will be projected in the room while the project is not in use;
- You will be identified as the sprint sponsor on the website, in the position between Gold and Silver.
Video Broadcasting - $4000 - maximum 1 sponsor
PyCon AU aims to record and preserve all presentations that are given during the conference. We provide high quality recordings which are post-processed and uploaded to our channel on Blip.tv. These videos go on to represent PyCon AU to the rest of the world and normally get hundreds of views. Examples from last year can be found at http://pyconau.blip.tv
Your sponsorship will allow us to create videos again this year. This package is another unique opportunity, not only are you will you reach attendees at the conference, you will reach the many hundreds of python afficiandos who watch the videos after the event.
- This package is between also gives you all advantages of Silver sponsorship during the event; plus the following advantages;
- You will be identified as the video broadcasting sponsor in the pre-roll before every video.
- You will be the only sponsor shown in the pre-roll (all other sponsors will be shown during the post-roll).
|Mobile:||+61 421 968 221|
Changes from PyCon Au 2010
We've made some changes to the conference based on the overwhelmingly positive feedback from 2010. Below is a summary of the changes which may be of interest to sponsors:
- PyCon AU is now running later in the year to avoid clashing with PyCon APAC, and so that we can share speakers with PyCon NZ.
- Last year we targeted 150 attendees and reached 200. This year we are targeting 250 people and have capacity for around 350.
- We are adding a tutorial stream (the most requested feature from last year's post-conference survey).
- Sponsorship levels have changed slightly to reflect the larger audience. We are now asking $6500 AUD for Gold sponsorship.
- Our Code of Conduct has been updated and modified in response to some confusion at Linux.conf.au 2011. We are strongly concentrating on increasing diversity in our conference and welcome any suggestions or help.
- We are looking at running coding Sprints during the week between PyCon AU and PyCon NZ.